Returning Home after military service in 1946, Bob Fuller got off the train, and sat down in the kitchen with his waiting wife. One of the first things talked about was a business opportunity awaiting him, at the corner of York and Ogden in Hinsdale. A service station, with lube and wash bays. Bob wasted no time and that same day shook hands on a deal to put him into partnership with that business and so began the history of Fuller’s Carwashes.
Bob and Dorothy had four sons, and they all went to work for their father after graduating from Hinsdale Township High School. The first tunnel wash in the Western suburbs was opened for business in 1960. As the family grew so did the business.
Now operating over 15 full-service carwashes in the Chicago area, Fuller’s has become synonymous with high-quality, full-service carwashing, and is a respected leader in the car washing, auto repair and automotive maintenance.